IRLib Version 1.4 is now available on GitHub at https://github.com/cyborg5/IRLib/. It includes minor upgrades to the debugging macros, a new system for decoding based on absolute tolerance in microseconds rather than a percentage tolerance. Also included is a new example sketch which implements the Phillips RCMM Protocol. The 32-bit version of that protocol is used by AT&T U-Verse cable boxes. Note that there are some unusual timing requirements in this protocol. The decoding routine works best when used with the IRrecvLoop or IRrecvPCI receivers. The sending of IR codes however should work well.
Details about these changes in the unusual decoding requirements of this protocol will be included in an upcoming documentation on how to implement new protocols for this library. That documentation should be available in a few weeks.
Updated to version 1.4 and got my Motorola DCX700-M Set Top Box transmitter moved to the new code. I had the receive working on earlier rev. but haven’t moved decode functions yet — now that I have the codes, haven’t needed it. Of course finding that these were the codes I was seeing helped to populate the list. see: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DigitalCable
for codes that work for several Moto STB’s.
Thanks for your efforts! I had no early luck with Ken Shirriff’s library myself although it obviously has been a mainstay in IR control. Found your library much easier to implement.
I can share full paramaters for my STB control if of any interest or if there is a good place to compile such.
I also used a photo resistor to check that my STB was ON before I changed channels. Interestingly, the Moto STB shows a real ON led flicker whenever it changes channels, so I could detect channel changes with a handheld remote and switch back — wanted to stay on a channel to record the HD signal with my legacy DVR using component in signal. Am moving to RFduino next (hopefully) and pin changes etc should help that. Thanks again.